清明节禁忌 Taboos of Qing Ming Festival
In this annual Chinese festival – Tomb Sweeping, there are lot of taboos to take note and I will share some of them here
Taboos to Take Care During Qing Ming Festival
1. Never joke around when you are making your offering.
2. Refrain from wearing all black (both shirt and pants) as it is inauspicious but it is fine if you wear black shirt but white pants or black shirt with jeans. Beside black, you should also avoid wearing red shirt, shoes.
3. You must not anyhow urine or spit near the place of offering.
4. Do not make noise, shout or joke when you are in the area to make the offering
5. It is best to do tomb sweeping before 3pm in the afternoon.
6. It is also not recommended for pregnant woman to do tomb sweeping.
7. Do not consume food on the spot and also dressed properly because it signify respect for the dead.
8. Do not take photo in the vicinity of the graveyard
9. Do not visit the tomb if you are not relative of the decease, for example boyfriend accompany girlfriend.
10. It is also best not to hold any wedding ceremony during this period.
Bear in mind, it is always better to be safe than be sorry.
|Suitable Dates||Day||Zodiac to Avoid|
If you are planning to get hitched in year 2019, you can use the Chinese Almanac to find auspicious dates for occasions like wedding or solemnization or use the under-mentioned table for general guideline.read more
Whenever there is a pregnant woman in the family, the old folks will tell you all sort of old wives tales that can predict your baby’s gender.read more
Prosperity toss, also know as Yu Sheng is a MUST HAVE item which is usually eaten during Chinese New Year in Singapore and Malaysia. But do you know the correct steps to Lo Hei in the most “HUAT” way!read more