Known by the world, the Chinese are a superstitious group of people and there is always a lot of Feng Shui or rather superstitious thinking and behaviour that have become parts of the Chinese culture that is believed to boost your luck during gambling. Under-mentioned is a list of Chinese gambling superstitions and taboos for your reference.
1. Wearing red (preferably a red underwear) and go to a casino – This might sound a bit funny to some people, but the Chinese believe in this particular superstition because in the Chinese tradition, red color is a symbol of joy and good fortune so it is believed that wearing red underwear, brief, bra or anything in red is going to bring good luck and fortune.
2. Do not count the money that you gain or loss during the gambling session
3. Don’t hit or touch the shoulder of one while he or she is gambling because they believe that this action will pat away their good luck
4. During gambling, ensure that there isn’t someone reading a book behind you or in front of you, because in chinese, “book” sounds like “to lose”.
5. It is a big taboo for gamblers to gamble against a pregnant woman because the Chinese believe that expectant women are “carrying their good fortune inside their belly” and they also have an extra pairs of “eyes” to observe the whole scene. So pregnant women are said to bring good luck to gamblers.
6. No sex before gambling – Chinese males believe that having sex before gambling bring bad luck, so it must be avoided at all costs.
7. Do not gamble after having seen either monks or nuns.
8 If you are on a losing streak it is advisable to go to the toilet which brings you luck and vice versa, if you are on a winning streak, do not leave your seat for toilet because it will wash away your good luck.
What are your thoughts? Are these Feng Shui or just superstitions?
The ancient art of placement can help to enhance your wealth luck by Feng Shui your wallet or purse. Let’s check out some of the tips, including the auspicious suitable color and shape for you to attract money luck.read more
It might sound funny or even strange to apply Feng Shui to your car but think about it, Feng Shui is all about creating good energy around you, so if you spend time in your car, this is the space we must take care too.read more
If you are a frequent traveller or just a leisure holiday maker, here are some Feng Shui taboos for you to take note when you are travelling overseas. Stay safe and enjoy your holidayread more